Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how stupid are these 4 clowns?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    how stupid are these 4 clowns?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 from LI are rowing across the Atlantic
    BY BART JONES | [email protected]
    11:35 AM EST, January 16, 2008

    In what some people may think is a Don Quijote impossible quest -- and perhaps even nuts -- four Long Islanders are rowing across the Atlantic Ocean.

    Yet one month into their 3,000-mile adventure, the men are making progress. After leaving from the Canary Islands off Africa on Dec. 15, they could land in Barbados or thereabouts as early as Saturday.

    "I don't believe they're in any danger," said Colleen Finlay of Shelter Island, whose husband Roy, 46, is leading the expedition. "They have a very safe boat."




    Still, she said laughing, "this better be the end" of his trans-Atlantic rowing trips. "I can't take this stuff anymore."

    The men's satellite phone conked out in late December and they've had no more direct contact with their families. A couple of passing ships have spotted the boat, though, and radioed in that the men seem to be OK.

    Their 30-foot boat, the Orca, is on schedule to beat the world record for rowing across the Atlantic if they land by Saturday. But they are racing another boat, La Mondiale, rowed by Brits and Irishmen, and apparently are losing to the Europeans by at least a couple of hundred miles.

    The other rowers are Chris Cuddihy, 53, of Riverhead, Ronnie Desiderio, 45, of Southampton, and Denis Richardson, 32, of Shelter Island.

    The men take turns rowing two at a time while the other two sleep, prepare food or tend to other maritime chores. The lightweight boat has a single Fiberglas hull and two pontoons attached by 12-foot outriggers on the sides to help maintain balance.

    Before he left, Finlay asserted the boat could withstand 30-foot mid-Atlantic waves.</div></div>
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how stupid are these 4 clowns?

    Why the hell would one decide to do something like this? Hell, if I had enough spare time, I don't think I'd even come close to it.
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


  3. #3
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how stupid are these 4 clowns?

    I wish I had enoght money also that I could lay back and think of things that "adventurous" to do. I know, see if I could walk through Quantico Marine Corps Base carrying a pic of Usama Bin Laden and screaming for Allah to "kill the infedels!"
    Hey, attempted suicide is attempted suicide!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •